Define Human Studios
Based in Miami, Florida
Press / Business contact:
Islands Of Nyne Battle Royale
Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale is an online, competitive, first-person shooter inspired by works such as Battle Royale and The Hunger Games. Handpicked by a mysterious alien race and taken to a distant homeworld, 100 players must fight each other to the death in 1 of 3 ever-shrinking arenas. Drop in, find a weapon, and stay alive... for only 1 can emerge victorious. The rest must die!
- 100 PLAYERS PER MATCH – kill, outrun, or consort your way to victory amongst 99 other players in timed matches that last up to 30 minutes. Match pace is set by a damage-inducing plasma field that is released from the perimeter of the map in stages, funneling players into progressively tighter combat situations.
- 3 LARGE-SCALE MAPS – designed by a technologically superior alien race, each arena is engineered to provide a unique and obstacle-ridden battlefield for players, designed to reward strategic thinking and tactical decision making.
- A FULL, COMPETITIVE RANKING SYSTEM – Play against others at your skill level and win bigger payouts. Advance in rank and unlock special tier armor, distinguishing yourself from the rest as an elite.
- MULTIPLE GAME MODES – Not everyone’s a lone wolf. Team up with a friend in Doubles mode or queue up as a team in 5-Man.
- SKILL-BASED REWARDS – Earn rare armor sets, weapon skins, game currency, and more depending on how long you can outlast the competition. Receive bonus items and unlock special achievements for actively engaging others or recording impressive stats.
- PLAYER BETTING SYSTEM – Use in-game currency to place bets on individual players or teams. Think your friend or favorite streamer can finish in the top 10? Make things interesting and turn your faith in them into profit... or loss. Spend those hard earned winnings on fancy armor pieces or weapon skin unlocks.
RELEASE DATE: TBA 2016 Steam Early Access
HistoryDefine Human Studios
New to the scene and dissatisfied with the slow progress and profit-focused efforts of many AAA developers, DH Studios have dedicated themselves to creating a fresh take on the shooter genre while staying true to their core values as PC gamers. Both competitive gamers and science fiction nuts, Co-founders Rob Logan and Jake Tolton have had Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale brewing in their heads for quite some time. With backgrounds in game design, they decided to take matters into their own hands and partner up with developer Matima Combined Dimensions to deliver a game they've always wanted to make.
Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale Announcement Trailer YouTube
Kickstarter Pitch Video YouTube
There are far more images available for Define Human Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead Game Designer